Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Burton @ Appy

  1. #11
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Burton was in a touchy situation last Friday Night. While it would have been great for the starters to have played a full game before facing Appy this week they really had to play the second team. I mean it was 40-0 at the half and the risk of "running it up" or getting someone hurt had to be kind of stinks. I would like to have seen a bit tougher contest to keep the starters in sync.
    I don't know ????
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    I agree, our team needed some additional work to get ready for Appy, but this is the last time we play Castlewood, they decided not to extend the contract at the last minute, Me personally I am glad, we need to schedule another non conference opponent that would help us get ready for the Powell Valley's, Gate City's, Clintwood's and Appalachia's. Nothing against Castlewood but at this point in time we do not need to be playing them. I think we will begin playing Lee High again next year in the place of Castlewood. I wish we were still playing Haysi first game of the year.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Bostic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Always seems like these two have a good game this year but i dont think it will happen this year Raiders win big.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Josephine - 44
    Andover - 13
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    [ QUOTE ]
    I think we will begin playing Lee High again next year in the place of Castlewood

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Wow does this meant that the "Battle of the boot" is dead?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member softballgal21's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2004
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    im hopin burton will win big this friday.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    Wow does this meant that the "Battle of the boot" is dead?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I doubt it, we used to play Lee High normally the 5th week of the season or around that time frame. I would say that will be the case again next year, it won't be the first game of the year. So the "Battle of the Boot" should still be in affect.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    OK just the line replacing Castlewood with Lee made me think week one....SO Burtion will be picking up someone else in week 1.....Haysi might be a good option they are curently open in week 1 (Not sure if they are looking for a game or not though

  9. #19
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    I wish they would pick up Haysi again, that would be the exact schedule we used to play back in the late 90's minus Gate City and add Virginia High. I would love to see Burton pick up a Lebanon, Lee High, John Battle, Virginia High, or someone like that.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Burton @ Appy

    If you are looking at making a tougher schedule why in the heck would you pick up Battle? the Power Point Differance between Div1 and Div 2 goes away next season so points would not be a good reason either

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •